Pandora Hearts RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora Hearts RPG

A text-based roleplay website focused around the world of Pandora Hearts.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Role-playing Format

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alice the B-Rabbit
Admin
Alice the B-Rabbit

Role-playing Format Empty
PostSubject: Role-playing Format   Role-playing Format EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Hello again! Here's your second step to participating in our roleplaying website! Now, without further ado, I'll explain this site's roleplaying format!

First, instead of selecting the characters you'll use before starting each RP, this site only lets each user be one character. Be sure to use your character's name when registering. Now to cover the issue of who gets canon characters [characters from the series, like Oz Vessalius/Besarius, Alice the B-Rabbit, Xerxes Break, etc.]. The canon characters must be applied for, using the template provided. Canon characters are mostly first come-first serve. If you've signed up with a canon character's name who's taken, I'll change your username to whoever you pick instead, be it O.C. [a character of your own creation] or canon. If all the canons are taken, you'll have to make an O.C!

Now, it's good to remember this site uses text-based roleplaying. There's no videos or video games, just your imagination! So, how is this site different from a few others? Well, instead of using asterisk roleplaying, or, "one-liners", we'll use third person. Third person describes what your character is feeling, what it's doing, and what it looks like. Third person uses more detail, but it's worth it. Adding more detail not olny makes it easier to picture the scene your character is in, but also makes it easier for your fellow role-players to respond! For example:
Quote :
*walks inside and shouts* Okay students, settle down.
What's wrong with this post? The first thing: it's a one-liner. The next thing is, who's walking in? What class are they speaking to? Where is "inside"? Now, this post would usually be hard to respond to for some people. So instead, we'll give it a make-over, yes?
Quote :
Alice walked into the bright, flourescent classroom and let out a groan, flipping her chocolate brown hair. "Oi!" She shouted with sharp violet eyes. "Quiet down, students! This is math class, not drama club!" Alice huffed and sat down as the students murmured silently among themselves. The things she did for money.
Wow! Lots more detail, and we know what our character looks like, where they are, and how they feel about their current situation. Try to use as much imagery and descriptiveness as possible; it makes for a professional looking role-player!

...I'll be honest. I'm a grammar Nazi. I don't want to make this seem like English class, but please at least use proper English when typing.

DON'T DO:

Quote :
"Lol" Alice said "Omg youre so stupid XD"
DO DO:
Quote :
"Hahah!!" Alice said, grinning sharply. "Oh, my gosh. You're so stupid!!" She giggled, her face contorted in laughter.
Hah, I said "do do". Anyway, that's about it! Enjoy the roleplaying!
Back to top Go down
https://pandorahearts.rpg-board.net

Role-playing Format
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandora Hearts RPG :: Getting Started :: Role-Playing Format-
Jump to: